Court rules hotpot restaurant liable for canister explosion injuring diner

On 4 April 2015, a customer having a meal at Chong Qing (Origin) Steamboat restaurant on Beach Road was struck by an explosion from a gas stove canister, resulting in burns on her face and arms.


The District Court has since found the hotpot restaurant liable for the accident and ordered the restaurant to pay damages to the claimant, including medical bills, income loss and for pain and suffering. The claimant, Ms. Linda Er, is represented by Hoh Law Corporation.


We are here to help, please leave us a message.