CHANGES TO WORK INJURY COMPENSATION ACT IN 2020
The changes to the Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA) will take effect in 2020.
WICA 2019 requires insurers to process all insured claims.This enables a faster and simpler claims process that benefits everyone.
Key changes to WICA
- From 1 September 2020, employees on light duties due to work injuries will be compensated for their lost earnings based on their Average Monthly Earnings (AME)
- Changes in compensation and medical expenses limits.
- Expand mandatory insurance coverage to non-manual employees, regardless of where they work.
- Expand scope of compensation to include light duties.
- Compulsory reporting for any instance of medical leave or light duties issued for work accident.
To read more : Download PDF