Notaries Public. Commissioners for Oaths
Workplace & Industrial Accident Claims
Compensation Claims under WICA

If you have sustained an injury as a result of your employment, you may be eligible for a claim under the Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA). The WICA, administered by the Ministry of Manpower, allows for a no-fault compensation scheme for employees injured in the course of their employment, provided there has been some form of permanent incapacity suffered.

Permanent incapacity is assessed by the relevant department in the Ministry of Manpower. The compensation claimable is subject to the injury sustained, the degree of permanent incapacity and your salary. The WICA scheme also includes payment for medical expenses (including consultation, hospitalisation, treatment and future care etc), MC and Hospitalisation wages, as well as compensation for death.

If you have suffered from a workplace injury, come speak to us to understand your eligibility to claim under WICA and the adequacy or suitability of your WICA compensation claim.

Compensation Claims under Common Law

Like road traffic accident claims, personal injuries sustained in the course of employment may also give rise to a possible claim in common law. The injured employee must however, choose to submit a claim either through the Courts or under the WICA as there cannot be double compensation of one claim.

In order to pursue a workplace compensation claim in common law, it must be shown that the employer had failed to take steps to ensure the employees’ safety and that the employee had suffered injury and loss because of such negligence. Examples of such negligence in tort include failure to provide a safe place of work, failure to provide proper work equipment and failure to implement proper systems of work. ​

Over the years, we have garnered substantial experience in work injury and industrial accident claims. Our experienced team of associates and staff are well-placed to fight for your compensation entitlements in Court, should the need arise. If you wish to pursue a claim in common law or enquire about the best options available to you, speak to us as soon as possible.

Contact Us
Send us an enquiry

Thank you for choosing HOH Law Corporation. For any general enquiries, please fill in the following contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you may reach us at 6553 4800.